okay, I'm about to say some shit a lot of you will not like, I REPEAT, a lot of you WILL NOT LIKE. But never the less, I'm going to say it, because it needs to be said.
Now, I've been an Obama supporter for years now, even before he announced his nomination, anyways, It is truly AMAZING, that a minority is about to be in the oval office. AMAZING, but a lot of people are completely disregarding his white side. Hip Hop got on the bandwagon and I truly don't think Obama could have won without them, but they turned him into something he's not. Barack Obama is not a typical black man. Sorry he's not. This man was RAISED by his WHITE mother, and his WHITE grandmother, to sit there and completely disregard his white side is truly disrespectful. And I think it says a lot that the first black president was raised by a white family. Maybe we're not doing something right, maybe we need to step it up. I'm just saying...
be safe everyone <3
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
;o YOU TALKIN BAD ABOUT BARACK?!
girl, don't make me jack yo ass up.
but on a serious note, i get where ya commin' from.
LOL, shut up mia, i was like WHAT THE FUCK IS A SPITLICK. and you know my obama loving ass would never talk bad about him. I'm just saying things the people aint tryna say right now!
i was thinking of that also...it's nothing bad but should not be ignored. His nationality does not matter to me his idea's and thoughts do.
Exactly. I voted for him because of his mind, he is ridiculously smart. But my point was, the black community is celebrating a sideways victory. Yes its a great great things, I don't want people to think I don't think that. BUT the black community didn't raise him, and why not? Black people are the strongest people I know, they should be producing people like Barack Obama on the REGULAR. so I was saying, Maybe we need to step it up.
This is a very good point!! I was thinking this as well. I come from a very diverse backgroud, but Ive alsways been recognized as an African-American. Even though I have had everything from and italian-caucasin-hispanic grandmother to a irish-indian-african-american great-grandparents raise me. No one has never really recognize the many other nationalities within myself or others. This was very beautifully put chica!!
Thanks Ran :)
hey!
I agree... i hate it when people ignore their culture, ethnicity or parts of it. But I mean in reality, majority of Americans aren't looking at him as a Biracial/mixed person. They are looking at him as just a Black person...But i mean i feel ya. :)
You're right, and I cant control at how people look at him. But he's Kenyan and White, Black America had NOTHING to do with him. I just think us minorities need to step it up, being that HE was the first person of color to get into the White House.
I AGREE!!!
Post a Comment