Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Day...

is right around the corner, and even though I thought I would be, I'm not feeling mad, sad, bitter, or any of that. I guesssss I can put some of my business out there. But I mean, I really thought months ago, Valentine's day would come, and I'd be so blown, cuz of all the shit that happened with my ex, and all past failed relationships as well. But this year it's been really different for me, I'm truly happy on my own. I mean of course what girl doesnt want to be taken out on Valentine's day and all that, but I was pressed to go out, I turned down some offers in fact. It just makes me realize I'm growing up, and being able to stand on my own, makes me happy you know. And then it got me thinking about people who really be faking like they ain't bitter, but they are, "oh I just dont like Valentine's Day". Whatever, what's not to like about a day of love? Love isnt just boyfriend/girlfriend, I got my parents cards, my friends things, like I love a lot, and I'm boyfriendless! So everybody who's dreading Saturday, don't. It's not worth it. Anyways, I'm done with my little self-reflection, Hope everyone has a GREAT Valentine's Day <3


kisses
- D

6 comments:

Kimmiepooh said...

ask any of my friends and they will tell you i loathe this day. not because i think its over-rated, but because ive never celebrated a good one. Ive had boyfriends at times but still, never a good one (too many things have happened to name, lol). And I've had drama within these last two weeks thats led me once again, to be single. I was upset about spending ANOTHER year alone at first, more so about the drama, but as I started thinking about things (and I saw the movie he's just not that into you last night, lol) I let it go. I know I'm a pretty fabulous woman. It's just not my time. So, instead of sulking and cursing the day as I had planned, lol, I will be spending that day having fun, doing stuff that i hadn't had time to yet. Might even buy myself some chocolates!

Diti said...

hahahha, well I'm glad you're not being a debbie downer kimmie! <3

Ran said...

Awww im def with you on that momma!! when youre use to being with someone and then your not and those holidays roll around and everyone else around you is booed up it does make you feel bad or lonely. but as you get older you do tend to think of it as just another day. its ok not ot be booed up. chill with fam friends, or even yourself!! Spoil yourself on valentines day!! no body can spoil you like you!!!lol But i hope you have a wonderful valentines day as well!! and for the record if i was in your area id make you my date!!!lol Hugs & Kisses

.*all that glitters. said...

Well no need to be sad..you have a valentine....MEEEEEE!!!! LOL...but im glad u feeling like you in a good place...YAY!! My diti!! See you've cahnged things around greatly since we meet...love you boo && see ya saturday...owwww!!

India said...

aw i love this post.
its soo true. so many people are so pressed to have "valentine" or to be in a relationship for this day & its not that serious.
& to be content with how things are with YOU is the greatest thing. Props to you D.

Happy Valentines day.

Diti said...

awww thanks Ran, Domo, & India. <3 you ladies!