Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fab Find 001

so I feel like I now have a theme for my personal blog, and not just the random stuff I'm still gonna post anyways. As you know I write for DTY and Whitney (the founder) wants us all to have our own sections, everybody wants to do fashion or makeup or hair, whateverrr, I got the idea from my MUTHAFUCKING IDOL, Kimora Lee Simmons. Her first (maybe only) book is called "Fabulosity" and I kid you not it's like my bible, sits next to my bed and everything. She's saying no matter what budget, you have to do the best you can, etc. So although I dont have tons of money, I'm not a baller, I barely get any hours at work, I still find my life to be fabulous, and I wanna share with other pretty ladies how I live such a rich life. And that's where this all began, so thanks Whitney! I'm sure a lot of what I post here (especially the fab finds) will make their way over to DTY in a much cleaner and less opinionated way, lol. with that being said, I bring you the first of (hopefully) many, dun dun dun... a Fab Find!

now, dining can be an event in itself, you dont always have to hit the club and go wild, a lot of times me and my girlfriends just like to go out and enjoy good conversation and a nice meal. Upscale restaurants can take all the money in your pockets and then some, but what you dont know is often restaurants offer a fixed rate 3 course dinner. Now I'm in the DC metro area, and I love Oya (clickable), this is a fabulous restaurant, not only is it beautiful, the food is GREAT, but they offer a $29 dinner prix fixe. Now I got some pictures to share my meal with you guys, but they're kinda bootleg, cuz 1. I took them on my phone and 2. I didnt use the flash cuz I didnt wanna look extra pressed but I still wanted to share it with you guys!

my first course: crunchy shrimp sushi (the idea for the blog post only came to me half way through my 1st course, so only 4 pieces are pictured, but you really get 8)
* sushi is a meal in it's self so you know this is a deal

my entree: Roasted Chicken on a Rice Cake with Carrots in a current sauce and those little balls are not potatoes, they're honey dew melon ball halves.

my dessert: bittersweet molten chocolate cake w/ vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce.
this shit right here is the bomb.com! I kid you not.


so as you can see, you get a fine dining event with a tgi friday's type of budget. I had a diet coke along with my meal, my total was:
sorry you're gonna have to cock your head to the right... $35.89, $45.89 after tip, there you have it, an excellent experience/setting/meal for under $50, if that's not a fab find IDK what is. So ladies make sure you check our websites of your local restaurants and see if they got the hook up too!

1 comment:

GREEDS said...

I am jealous, truly.